Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
S. Schneider, MD
Specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery
Specialist orthopaedic surgery
Phone: 0049 761 / 7676-600
- Shoulder surgery: Arthroscopic surgery (minimally invasive procedure for shoulder stabilization and for tendon repairs / rotator cuff reconstructions / AC joint reconstructions), shoulder prostheses (anatomic prostheses, inverse prostheses, and revisions), osteosyntheses (minimally invasive and open fracture treatment of the shoulder, AC joint, and clavicle).
- Hip prosthetics (hip joint replacement)
- Knee surgery: Arthroscopic surgery (minimally invasive procedure for the reconstruction of the anterior cruciate ligament), anterior cruciate ligament replacement, meniscus surgery, cartilage surgery (except cartilage transplants), total knee arthroplasty (knee joint replacement).
- 2000 – 2007: Studied human medicine at the Justus Liebig University in Giessen and the University of Regensburg
- 2007 license to practice medicine
- 2003 – 2010: Doctoral thesis "Influence of IGF-I polymorphism on weight at birth and postnatal weight gain up to the 1st year of life" Department of paediatrics and adolescent medicine at the Justus Liebig University in Gießen (Prof. L. Gortner, MD)
- 2007 – 2012: House Officer in the department for trauma surgery and orthopaedics, Hospital Group Lahn-Dill-Kliniken GmbH, Wetzlar hospital
- 2010 – 2011: House Officer in the department for anaesthesiology and intensive care: Intensive care training as part of specialist training, Hospital Group Lahn-Dill-Kliniken GmbH, Wetzlar hospital
- 2008 – 2015: Additional qualification in emergency medicine and active participation in emergency medical services Locum placements: Emergency services and on-call clinical services
- 2012 – 2014: House Officer / specialist in orthopaedics and trauma surgery in the department of orthopaedics and rheumatology at University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, location Marburg
- 2013 examination as a medical specialist
- 2014 – 2015: Senior Consultant in the department of orthopaedics and rheumatology (since March 2015: Centre for Orthopaedics and Trauma Surgery) at the University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Marburg location
- 2016: Senior Consultant in the department of orthopaedic surgery at Loretto Hospital in 2018; Head of Department of shoulder surgery and Senior Consultant in the department of orthopaedic surgery at Loretto Hospital in the Regional Association of Catholic Hospitals [Regionalverbund kirchlicher Krankenhäuser], Freiburg
- AGA arthroscopist
- Skeletal X-ray diagnostics
- Emergency medicine